Petaluma People Services Center is dedicated to improving the social and economic health of our community by providing programs that strengthen the dignity and self-sufficiency of the individual.Our goal is to reduce poverty, physical and mental abuse, chemical dependence, violence, ignorance, isolation and mental illness, among children, adults, families and seniors.
|En Espanol: Petaluma People Services Center se dedica a mejorar las condiciones económicas y de salud de la comunidad por intermedio de programas que fortalezcan la dignidad y el espíritu de independencia del individuo.
PPSC is much more than a collection of 34 human services programs based on best practice research with measurable outcomes. We are a community of caregivers existing within the larger community whose sole purpose is to help make people’s lives better. We strive to do this one child, one adult, and one senior at a time. Last year we served over 7,000 people through our programs. The hands-on, face-to-face support that individuals receive from PPSC is wide ranging; counseling, job placement, gang prevention, daily hot meals, rides to the doctor, case management, financial assistance for homeless prevention, informational and referrals….People Helping People. PPSC has five significant core service areas:
- Senior Services – Meals-On-Wheels, Adult Day Care, Case Management, Nutrition Site-Senior Cafe
- Homeless Prevention and Fair Housing
- Employment & Training – Adult and Youth
- Counseling - Individual, Couples & Family, Drug & Alcohol Prevention, Gang Prevention
Our agency values DIVERSITY whatever your ethnicity, religion, country of origin, language, abilities, sexual orientation, or gender YOU ARE WELCOME HERE.
- Elite Sponsors – Bank of Marin, PG&E, Summit State Bank
- Petaluma Community Foundation
Like Us on Facebook:
SERVING FAMILIES. COUNSELING
PPSC COOPERATIVE PARENTING & DIVORCE
Family relationships do not disappear when a marriage ends in divorce. For the sake of their children, divorced parents must continue to communicate with their former spouses in matters of child-rearing. The ability of parents to interact with each other greatly affects the child's adjustment to divorce. Unrelenting parental conflict is the single most common cause of poor adjustment in children following a divorce.
Cooperative Parenting and Divorce is a psychoeducational program designed to improve the quality of the parental relationship in situations of divorce. The overall emphasis of Cooperative Parenting and Divorce is to offer children the opportunity to grow in a home environment free from being caught in the middle of parental conflict.
Cooperative Parenting and Divorce is the most extensive, informed and interactive resource to date examining the complex realities of divorce. This thoughtful and practical program can be implemented in eight sessions lasting 2 hours each.
Cooperative Parenting and Divorce benefits children by:
- Reducing the child's symptoms of stress as parental conflict decreases
- Diminishing the child's sense of loyalty binds
- Allowing the child to love both parents
- Creating a more relaxed home atmosphere, allowing the child to adjust more effectively
- Teaching effective communication and conflict-resolution skills as modeled by their parents
- Increasing the likelihood of keeping two active parents in the child's life
Classes start in July contact PPSC for information 707-765-8488