Adult Day & Respite Program (Senior Day) Assistant
Assists with Adult Day & Respite program activities and site operation.
General list of duties include but are not limited to:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Adult Day & Respite Coordinator.
- Assists with activity planning and supervision of clients’ program participation.
- Observes safety of clients for prevention of wandering, falls, etc.
- Leads program activities as directed by program coordinator.
- Helps maintain client files, care plans and required documentation as directed.
- Assists in set-up, serving meals and cleaning after meals. Assists with cleaning and maintaining kitchen, appliances and eating areas.
- Follows regulations and procedures as required by the State of California Health & Human Services Agency, Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing; as well as all required safe food handling procedures.
- Cooperates and works well with co-workers to provide an organized, safe and hospitable environment for frail elders.
- Observes all health and safety practices.
Partial list of minimum Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- B.A. in related field preferred or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with older adult population.
- Experience with activity programing for older adults.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals on a team.
- Creativity, humor and patience will be essential.
- CNA certification preferred but not required.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
12 hours per week, three days a week (Mon. Wed. and Fri. – 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM)
Vacation, Holiday and Sick time benefits. Salary DOE
Criminal and background screening clearance and pre-employment exam required.
This Agency is an equal opportunity employer. This Agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org