AGENCY MISSION: PPSC is dedicated to improving the social and economic health or our community by providing programs that strengthen the dignity and self-sufficiency of the individual.
REPORTS TO: Program Director and Clinical Supervisor
HOURS: Part-time (20-32 hr./week) SALARY: $16.00 – 20.00/hour DOE
Petaluma People Services Center is seeking applicants for part to full-time (32 hours) Marriage and Family Therapist or Social Worker, or Psy.D. Intern to work in our Counseling and Prevention department. The positions include providing individual, child, couples, and family counseling at PPSC program sites, as well as clinical positions providing Mental/Behavioral Health interventions with individuals and groups for persons/families residing at Mary Isaac Center/COTS. Individual must be adept at working with dual diagnosis and crisis intervention. Under the Director of Counseling and the clinical supervisor, staff therapist is responsible for coordinating activities in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, regulations and established policies and procedures of Petaluma People Services Center. Training and supervision is provided. Pay ranges from $16-20 an hour and depends on experience and intern/licensed status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes and cover letters must be received by August 26, 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counseling and Therapy: provide direct counseling and case management services to clients in individual, family or groups. These services may take place in the home of the client, at PPSC, in schools, in institutions or other contexts as assigned by the supervisor.
- Documentation: Prepare documentation of client activities and growth in an accurate, complete and timely manner according to funding source expectations and agency standards. Responsible for the accurate documentation and supervision of all client files, data collection and grant implementation requirements.
- Team communications: Ensure positive communications with supervisor and other staff members in such a way that client privacy is maintained, supervisors are kept fully informed of all activities that impact compliance with funding source expectations, and other team members are supported.
- Community Relations/Outreach: Collaborate with various community organizations and attends meetings and events as requested. Develop and maintain positive relationships with community-based organizations, schools, County of Sonoma Children and Family Services, the County Probation Department, the Police Department and any other community stakeholders. Represent PPSC in the community and conduct him/her (self) in a fashion that reflects positively on PPSC at all times.
- Miscellaneous: Conduct home visits and workshops. Ensure that office space is organized and clean. Attend mandatory meetings and trainings. Assume other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- BILINGUAL SPANISH / ENGLISH HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Must be a qualified trainee, Marriage and Family Therapist Intern, ASW Intern, Psy-D intern.
- Knowledge of and support of PPSC mission and core values.
- Knowledge of processes, systems, standards, and procedures associated with customer service and basic office procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, clients, donors, visitors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Two years or more experience in community work required.
- Basic Microsoft Office and 365 skills.
- Trainees/Interns: must have a Graduate Degree and be in the process of or have completed graduate/Doctoral work.