Earlier this year Mentor Me became a program of PPSC and we are excited to announce that we have combined our Youth Employment Programs (CareerPoint PPSC) and Mentor Me and now we are looking for a leader of these programs. Email your resume to email@example.com to apply.
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Director of Youth Services is responsible for the management and supervision of the Mentor Me program and Youth Employment program, and other youth services programs as determined.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES performed personally or through subordinate staff include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates and monitors all aspects of program operations to conform to local, state and federal regulations, and ensures that staff have a similar working knowledge of guidelines and procedures. Develops and implements policies and procedures as needed specific to the department.
- Recruits, hires and assesses personnel working in Youth Services programs.
- Creates and fosters strategic partnerships.
- Responsible for increasing awareness and visibility of Mentor Me and Youth Employment programs in the community.
- Prepares and reviews budgets for final approval. Discusses program requirements and sources of funds available with fiscal personnel.
- Develops program goals and objectives, outlines how funds are to be used and explains procedures necessary to obtain funding, facilitate staff meetings and education events.
- Writes grant applications, according to formats required and submits applications to funding agencies or foundations.
- Directs and coordinates evaluation and monitoring of grant-funded programs.
- Attends monthly and quarterly meetings for youth employment services in Sonoma & Marin counties; attends relevant community meetings as Mentor Me representative.
- Reviews results of investigations, internal and external audits to provide direction and guidance.
- Stays abreast of case management best practices and EDD directives to ensure staff have appropriate training and guidance.
SUPERVISION: Manages all employees in Mentor Me and Youth Employment programs. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. Experience in workforce development and/or youth services programs a plus.
Full job description: Director of Youth Services Job Description 2.20.20