ABOUT THE POSITION
PPSC is currently seeking an Associate MFT, ACSW, APCC or Psych Assistants to join our team. The associate will provide individual, couple, family and group therapy to their own caseload of clients at the main office and in spaces throughout the community. This is a paid internship that includes individual supervision, group supervision, staff meetings and regular trainings.
- Conduct client intakes provide individual and group therapy sessions.
- Monitor client progress and treatment planning as needed.
- Maintain appropriate documentation as required, including all notes in electronic medical record system.
- Follow all clinic protocols, participate in all required meetings and clinical supervision.
- Maintain a set % of billable time.
- Assist in developing curriculum for workshops, and/or therapy groups. May also assist in leading groups or workshops as needed
- Current BBS registration as an AMFT, ACSW, or APCC in the state of California.
- Consistent attendance, and participation in, individual supervision, group supervision and trainings. (Tuesday’s 9 to 11 am, Wednesdays 10am to 1 pm, plus one additional hour)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and able to organize and prioritize tasks. Able to work independently without direct
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of evidence-based therapies.
- Knowledge of the use of modern technology (i.e. smart phones, EMR, online scheduling, and billing)
- Capable of performing maintain accurate and timely documentation of services provided.
- Capable of rapport building with clients to facilitate their engagement in the psychotherapy process.
- Hard-working, reliable and dependable.
- Ability to consistently work at least two evenings a week OR one weekend day.
- Interest in multi-cultural therapy, couples’ therapy, group therapy, unsheltered population or some other clinical niche.
- Interest in developing outreach, program ideas.
- Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
- Paid supervision and training hours.
- Weekly case consultation group, mentoring, and training opportunities.
- Paid sick/self-care time.
- Flexible Schedule
- Elective medical, dental + vision benefits (for eligible full-time employees).
PPSC is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to an inclusive workforce, and is always looking to further diversify our team. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
For a full position description or if you want to send a resume, email – firstname.lastname@example.org